Travel Light

Go Further

The S+S Conversion

The S+S Conversion

The False Floor, when coupled with our Drop-down Carbon Bunk is where the S+S journey started five years ago. Five years later, the concept hasn't changed. Refinement hasn't stopped either. The 2022 versions of our Stitches + Steel Conversion bring exciting new advancements and developments from half a decade of use.

The S+S System is a concept that came from a harsh reality. The reality; that less than 1% of time is truly spent camping in these modern workhorses with the remaining 99% of the time as a daily driver. Why the heavy emphasis on cooking, luxury and excess?

As these Vehicles have progressed and evolved the way we're using them has too. They aren't Campervans anymore, they're contemporary spaces that move, they can move very well now too. They move so well that we're ditching our cars for these one-vehicle solutions.

A light van is a good van. It’s an entirely different experience to driving a fully laden one. With weight saving high on the agenda, we set about sourcing materials more often associated with the ocean and sailing. Where strength, weight saving, longevity and smart storage are essential. Built to withstand whatever you can throw at them, from sustainable materials perfectly suited to life on the road.

We interrogated the best sail loft in the world. We borrowed, modified-for-purpose and built the same tried and tested systems that are associated with getting somewhere fast, on terrain that moved. If it excelled on a boat, it was fit for our purposes on the road.

We digitised the spaces, then nested the elaborate network of shapes that make up the false floors. The outcome is a modular unit which follows the form of the interior. The False Floor utilises the original bolt threads in the chassis preventing permanent alterations and following the form of the OEM contours of the vehicle.

Order process

Hit the road in four simple steps

1

SELECT YOUR MODEL

We have covered all variants and models with our 2022 range. T5, T5.1, T6, T6.1 Kombi’s, Panel vans, Twin sliders, Tailgate and Barn-door options. They will also work with any combination of standard Kombi seats, or with them all removed. 

2

Choose YOUR SETUP

Choose the false floor configuration that suits your needs.

3

Book Your Collection

Use our calendar to see available slots and pick a date to come to us for install/collection. This can be changed at a later date.

4

CHECKOUT

Hit pay and start counting the days. We'll begin crafting your conversion ready for when you arrive.

We understand that these products are substantial purchases and they might require some more explanation than what's provided in the description. You're very welcome to speak to our friendly and experienced crew over at thecustomhaus@stitchesandsteel.com who will happily help or walk through any questions or queries you may have. If you'd prefer to give us a call, you can reach us on 01206 413270.

FAQ

The S+S Conversion False Floor Units are click + collect or install only. For now...

Our False Floor Modules are designed to work seamlessly with all variants of Volkswagen Transporter. For the moment these are the only models that we cover.

In a word, no. As the False Floors have evolved it has naturally become extremely versatile, we like to think that they are everything you truly need in your van.

They are designed to be removed in less than 30 minutes with minimal tools. If you can build Swedish flat pack furniture, you can remove an S+S Conversion

Our 2022 False Floor Modules are designed with both lightness and sustainability in mind. They are made from 100% pulverised recycled material that has been smashed into sheets then cut by us here.

They are recyclable, waterproof and extremely durable. Built for whatever your adventures throw at them.

Each component of the S+S Conversion is built to last. On the very rare occasion that something goes wrong please reach out to us and we will rectify the issue as soon as possible.