The B1 awning is a compact, low-key addition to any van, we consider this a universal kit. It works well with both Short wheel base and LWB vans.
It's simple, well thought out, less its more nature means the B1 is still our best selling product and is our personal go-to 90% of the time.
The B1 Awning
Black Awning canvas 2.45m Long, 1.85m Wide, 8mm bolt rope. The guy ropes are made from Maffioli and the webbing is sourced from the sailing industry. The awning comes in it's own canvas stow away, drawstring bag.
*For the VW California a 'Driveaway Kit' may be required in order to adapt the standard rail to fit the 'B1 Awning' bolt rope.
Option: Carbon Poles x2
The poles are 3K Pre Preg, roll wrapped 100% carbon fibre. They are telescopic and will collapse down to 1m, extending to 1.8m at full length and have a 25mm internal, 27mm external diameter.
A pair of steel poles, screw fastening, adjustable height.
Pegs + Awning Rails
Please note, we have numerous options for pegs and awning rails, all of which work with our B1 Awning.
- The canvas is made using the same machines and skilled hands that make sails for round the world racing yachts through to Olympic performance dinghies. Whilst our carbon accessories are made up of 3K Pre Preg, 100% pure carbon fibre from a factory more at home supplying products to the aviation industry.
- The Awning fabric was originally developed for umbrellas. We've added a PVC backing to it in the pursuit of a greater tear strength.
- Awning Dimensions: 2.45m (L) 1.85m (W), 6.5mm (D) Bolt Rope
- Pole Option, Carbon: 100% Carbon Fibre. Extended 1.8m (L), Collapsed 1m (L), 27mm (D)
- Packed Dimension: 135cm (L), 22cm (W)
As much as we would love to be able to guarantee the B1 Awnings waterproof rating we unfortunately cannot. We advertise them as a heavy-duty sunshade, however they are highly water resistant.
The awing has an additional eyelet in the centre of the canopy, designed to accept an extra pole which can be erected pushing the centre of the awning up, aiding rigidity and helping with water run off, alternatively the one of the legs can be 'cocked' or lowered which will aid water run off.
If the awning is left 'square' in a shower or down pour without a central pole or one leg lowered water will eventually puddle and can stretch the fabric- Please be mindful of this.
Need fitting instructions for your new B1 Awning? Simply click on the relevant link below to retrieve the correct instructions for you:
- B1 Awning- Camper Van
- B1 Awning- VW Transporter