T5/T6 Awning Rail
This Awning rail is machined to allow hassle free, non invasive, quick installation onto all variants of the Vw Transporter platform from 2003 - 2025 including the T5, T5.1, T6 and T6.1
Simply unscrew the existing 'blanking bolts' in the roof of your van (sub 2 min job), assemble the S+S awning rail to line up with the holes in the roof gutter and bolt into place.
The rail utilises the original bolt threads in the roof and It comes with a free pack of upgraded bolts, washers and gaskets that allow the installation of the awning rail along with load bearing hardware such as roof bars. (The original, Vw supplied bolts are prone to failure).
he C section of the rail measures 9.5mm across with ‘jaws’ that measure 6mm. We’ve deliberately designed them to be as universal as possible allowing all awnings with a Kador size of 6mm to 9mm. If you have an awning already there is a very high chance this will work with it. Yes. It works with all S+S awnings.
The ‘Foot’ of the rail is designed to accept most ‘Roof bar’ style roof racks with the feet sitting on the rail. Yes the S+S bars work very well with the rail.
The total length of the rail is 2450 long when assembled. Yes it works with LWB vans too.
1 x Awning Rail
5 x Upgraded Bolts
5 x Rubber Gasket Washers
1 x 'Stitches + Steel' Decal Sticker
- When assembled the rail measures 2640mm Long
- Marine Grade Aluminum
- C-Section Diameter: 9.5mm
- Jaw Opening: 6mm
- This rail can fit awnings with Kador strip/ bolt ropes measuring 6.5mm- 9.5mm in diameter.
Over 1000 sold, our VW T5/T6 awning rail is the industry go-to solution for attaching awnings to VW transporters. Our ‘what’s in the box’ film also covers fitting and might help clear up any questions you may have. Watch it here.
Does it work with roof bars?
- Yes, it is designed to work with roof bars however if the foot of your roof bar is large and takes up all the room in the gutter it might require modification.
- Can you modify it?
- Yes, aluminium is easy to work with and you’d be surprised how creative you can get with an awing for it to still work.
- Does it work with my pop top?
- Yes, we supply these to most of pop top installers in the UK who mount them under the brackets when fitting pop tops. HILOW, Skyline etc.
- Any other colours?
- It’s a raw finish from us, It's pretty stealthy up there truth be told. We’ve been send feedback that our rails respond very well to aerosol can paint and we've seen many painted since. Fill your Boots (and send us photos).
- Does this fit LWB vans?
- Yes. It has an additional hole to work with LWB vans. It obviously wont run the whole length of the van, which works fine as most SWB awnings provide more than enough shelter.
Standard UK & Channel Isles delivery on orders over £125.00 FREE.
We use Royal Mail 48 & DHL Parcel for all our standard UK & CI orders.
When your order’s been dispatched, we'll send you a confirmation email with your tracking number.
Your parcel will be with you in 3-5 working days (although it can take a little longer at busy times).
Sporadic supply chains, fickle seasons, S+S growing, along with a slew of other factors have created a perfect storm for us to occasionally fumble our stock management (at this point in our journey). Just an honest heads up that if this product is in stock, and you want it, now might not be the worst time to pull the trigger. It may well sell out sooner than you think and it could be a while before you see it here again- We'd hate for you to miss out.
We want you to love your S+S products, so if you’re not happy with your purchase we are happy to offer refunds on all full-priced purchases and store credits on sale styles, subject to some limited exclusions.
To submit a return please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, order number, the item/s you wish to return and reason for return.
All return details will be provided via email within 2 business days. Please note that any shipping costs incurred for returning items to S+S for a refund or store credit is solely at the customers own expense.
We’d love to hear from you whether you want to feed back on a product, have a returns query, or want to find out when your order will be arriving.
Our Customer Service team is here on hand to answer your queries Monday- Friday, 8.30am- 4.30pm.
Email email@example.com and one of the Customer Service Team will get back to you or our instant chat service.