Drop-Down, Carbon Van-Bunk
Once a 'Custom Haus Only' product, we're thrilled to send them live as a self install kit, finally.
We've worked hard to make the elaborate rigging involved with this product accessible to anyone capable of treading rope through pulleys and following basic instructions.
The kit comes with the 'how to rig' instructional film link along with walk through instructions including all fittings to and parts for the innovative, marine inspired, product.
This is the ultimate, less-is-more camper van solution for anyone looking to retain the use of the space in the back while at a moments notice being able to use it as a means of accommodation.
Please note that each kit is hand rigged, while we aim to ship them as soon as possible during busy periods it can take up to 2 weeks
- 90-degree A4 Stainless brackets.
- Gottifredi Maffioli Dyneema rope
- High load cleats, blocks and hardware
- High load ball bearing blocks via M5 A4 Stainless Eyebolts
- Black Dacron canvass bunk
- Carbon Tubular frame
- Carbon rear control plate with cam cleat and low friction ring release
- Associated A4 stainless screws and deck gear.
- Can I sleep in it while it's 'in the air'? Unfortunately not, people get up to all sorts of things in bed and with that, along with heavy focus on weight saving they're only rated to be used 'on the deck'.
Will it fit in my van? While this kit is for a Volkswagen T5 / T6 there are very few other vans we've struggled to fit them too. So long as your van is a similar size to the T5 chassis you should be ok however you might have to be of the understanding that it might require a little 'off piste' thinking to install it. Please reach out via email@example.com and we'll advise best we can.
- Does it come with a mattress? It'd be very easy to say yes however, we appreciate you might not adhere to the same comfort levels as us. Our dream go-to mattress is available from our friends over at Andes. It is waterproof, extremely light weight and has adjustable inflation allowing for soft - hard. Very reasonably priced and fits PERFECTLY too. The 'Andes Explora 10cm Double' is your friend.
- How invasive is the install? Not very, the self cutting self tapping screws supplied are very user friendly and easy to use. The anchor points are deliberately discrete along with being utilised for their strength.
- What is it for? 99 days out of 100 vans are used for their sole purpose, a van. This kit allows a van to be used as intend, a functional moving space. This setup has a heavy focus on retaining that while at a moments notice having the ability to utilise one of the biggest, comfiest beds in the camper-van sector.
Can I keep my bedding on it? Absolutely. A standard double sheet, double duvet and normal pillows are the suggest setup and our own vans are always rigged and ready.
How much space does it take up? The carbon frame is 1300mm x 1950mm and while it is designed to fit snugly in the roof of a T5/6 it should fit most medium/large vans. Our favourite mattress is 10cm add a few extra CM's for the duvet along with the natural 'dome' in the roof you loose very little.
- I am scared of installing this product myself, can you do it for me? Very little can go wrong while installing this kit, we're at the end of the line should you need any assistance and if you can assemble flat pack furniture and posses a drill, you'll be more than capable. If you straight-up don't fancy it, that's fine and you're welcome to book in to the 'Custom Haus' where we'll take the reigns.