Volkswagen LWB T5/ T6 False Floor (Kombi)
The Floor, when coupled with our Drop-down Carbon Bunk is where the S+S journey started five years ago. Five years later, the concept hasn't changed. Refinement hasn't stopped either. The 2022 versions of our False Floors bring exciting new advancements and developments from half a decade of use.
The S+S System is a concept that came from a harsh reality. The reality; that less than 1 percent of the time is being spent camping in these modern workhorses with the remaining 99% of the time as a daily driver. Why the heavy emphasis on cooking, luxury and excess?
As these Vehicles have progressed and evolved the way we're using them has too. They aren't Campervans anymore, they're contemporary spaces that move, they can move very well now too. They move so well that we're ditching our cars for these one-vehicle solutions.
A light van is a good van. It’s an entirely different experience to driving a fully laden one. With weight saving high on the agenda, we set about sourcing materials more often associated with the ocean and sailing. Where strength, weight saving, longevity and smart storage are essential.
We interrogated the best sail loft in the world. We borrowed, modified-for-purpose and built the same tried and tested systems that are associated with getting somewhere fast, on terrain that moved. If it excelled on a boat, it was fit for our purposes on the road.
We digitised the spaces, then nested the elaborate network of shapes that make up the false floors. The outcome is a modular unit which follows the form of the interior. The False Floor utilises the original bolt threads in the chassis preventing permanent alterations and following the form of the OEM contours of the vehicle.
We have covered all variants and models with our 2022 range. T5, T5.1, T6, T6.1 Kombi’s, panel vans, twin sliders, tailgate and barn door options. It will also work with any combination of standard Kombi seats, or with them all removed. Please select your variants using the drop down options above.
These False Floors are a lightweight, multifunctional storage solution first and foremost. They are designed to work seamlessly with our lining package and Drop Down Carbon Bunk kit (found here).
LWB KOMBI VAN KIT CONTENTS
- 14 x CNC cut false floor Pieces
- Removable in 30 Minutes.
- Threaded Inserts
- 1 x Draw Unit (100kg Capacity)
- 2 x Drawer Runners (1 Pairs)
- Stainless Steel Hinges
- Total Floor Weight:
- Drawer Weight:
- Floor Height: Approximately 280mm
- Floor length: Approximately 1820mm (Top Sheet)
- Floor width: Approximately 1600mm (Top Sheet)
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES/ TOOLS
Your new Stitches + Steel False Floor module is cut and made to order. On checking out, one of the team will be in touch to schedule and reserve your collection slot and check through the requirements for your new conversion.
We aim to cut your order within four weeks. During busy periods, in the run up to Christmas, whilst we have offers running, or after a product launch, please allow up to 6 weeks for your build slot.
You're welcome to email if you have specific delivery requirements or would like a more detailed outline of our current dispatch times and the product. Contact us at email@example.com
Click + Collect
Please be mindful this is a click and collect product only. On checking out, one of the team will be in touch to schedule and reserve your collection slot and check through the requirements for your new conversion.
Looking to have this product installed?
The Custom Haus: See it as our own Garage, It's our own outlet for our creativity. It's where the design, prototype and manufacture of all S+S products starts, it's also where they finish.
The Custom Haus is a space for the supply and fitment of STITCHES + STEEL products onto, into or around a Contemporary Moving Space.
Located on the East Coast, in Essex- Unit 2, The Old Joinery, Maldon Road, Birch, Essex, CO2 0LT
We’d love to hear from you whether you want to feed back on a product, have a returns query, or want to find out when your order will be arriving.
Our Customer Service team is here on hand to answer your queries Monday- Friday, 8.30am- 4.30pm.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the Customer Service Team will get back to you or our instant chat service.